AIPLA NEW MENTORING CLUSTERS – SIGN UP TO BE A MENTOR OR MENTEE
The AIPLA Mentoring Committee is excited to announce the launch of our new Mentoring Clusters Program. This program provides collaborative mentoring opportunities for AIPLA members by creating mentoring clusters among small groups of practitioners. The clusters are grouped by factors such as common practice areas, types of practice, and geographical location.
Within each of these clusters, members will be grouped according to various career phases including:
- Seasoned Stage Career
- Mid Stage Career
- Early Stage Career
- Law Student
The aim of the program is to maximize the benefits of mentoring with a cross-section of experience levels. Through occasional group gatherings and more frequent organic individual communication, each cluster will facilitate the mentoring of a Mid Stage Career member by a Seasoned Stage Career member, and the mentoring of Early Stage Career and Law Student members by both Mid and Seasoned Stage Career members.
BECOME A MENTOR: SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE. PAY IT FORWARD.
- Experienced practitioners have the opportunity to share their professional knowledge and expertise with the next generation of leaders. Mentoring clusters are formed based on common interests and by career stage.
BECOME A MENTEE: EXPERIENCED PERSPECTIVES FOR NEW PRACTITIONERS.
- AIPLA mentoring program provides practitioners at all levels of their career with opportunities to learn, connect and grow through pairings with more seasoned practitioners. It provides practitioners with perspectives from others who have been in their shoes.
INTA VIRTUAL ANNUAL MEETING & LEADERSHIP MEETING [NOV. 16-20, 2020]
Complete details: Available @ inta.org/events/2020-annual-meeting-leadership-meeting/
- Platform preview: Available here
SPEED MENTORING [NOV. 17, 2020]
AIPLA WEBINAR: TAKING THE PATENT BAR EXAM – WHAT TO EXPECT [NOV. 19, 2020]
The Patent Registration Examination, often referred to as the Patent Bar Exam, is the gateway to being able to practice before the U.S. Patent Office for patent practitioners. This webinar explores the reasons why you should consider taking the exam, what qualifications you need to take the exam, what resources are available for preparing to take the exam, and some important tips, tricks, and strategies for the day of the exam.
Presented by: Rachel Kahler, Patent Agent at General Mills; Julie Burke, U.S. Patent Prosecution Consultant; Brian Trotter, CEO and Founder at Bishop Rock
When: 12:30 – 2 P.M. ET
Complete details and Registration: Available @ ams.aipla.org/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?webcode=EventInfo&Reg_evt_key=e3c3b7e0-f49e-440c-9ce2-e5e7c3257a09&RegPath
INTA 2020-2021 SAUL LEFKOWITZ MOOT COURT COMPETITION [DEADLINE: NOV. 20, 2020]
- November 20, 2020, 5:00 pm (EST): Registration closes
- January 5, 2021, 5:00 pm (EST): Briefs and substitution of team members due
- February 6, 2021: Regional Oral Argument Competitions (Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco) Please note Regional Competitions will take place virtually
- March 13, 2021: National Finals will take place virtually
Complete details & Registration: Teams interested in entering the competition must complete an online registration form by visiting inta.org/Lefkowitz
Contact: Please email email@example.com with any questions you may have