2016 BATTLE OF THE BANDS – TO BENEFIT DADE LEGAL AID [MAY 14, 2016]
Tickets: Available @ dadelegalaid.org/is-coming-save-the-date-may-14-2o16-battle-of-the-bands/
AIPLA: CHEMICAL PRACTICE PATENT BOOT CAMP [MAY 17, 2016]
The Chemical Practice Boot Camp is a one-day seminar is designed for patent attorneys and patent agents actively practicing in the chemical and related arts, and will be presented from both prosecution and litigation perspectives. Attendees will be armed with strategies and best practices in order to maximize the scope of patent protection while minimizing challenges to the validity and enforceability of the patents. The program will also offer information that will assist in client counseling and making strategic portfolio and business decisions. Further, the seminar will also encompass strategies for dealing with the changes in patent law under the America Invents Act.
The AIPLA 2016 Spring Meeting will begin the next day and runs from May 18-20! Join hundreds of your colleagues for the premier gathering of IP professionals from around the world. Attendees will enjoy several days of stellar programming designed to facilitate learning, and enhance collaboration among attendees.
Networking is vital to the program and it starts during sessions, continues between sessions throughout the day, and goes into the evening at exciting special events. Whether you attend the meeting solo, or with a group, you will have ample opportunities to connect with colleagues and make new contacts in a collegial setting.
Where: Minneapolis, MN
When: 9 A.M. – 5 P.M.
Complete details: Available @ aipla.org/learningcenter/2016ChemPracticeRS/Pages/default.aspx
DCBA DIVERSITY SUMMIT [MAY 18, 2016]
Session One: “Is Justice Really Blind – The Impact of Race and National Origin in Our Court System”
- Moderated by Melba Pearson – President, National Black Prosecutors Association
- Carlos Martinez, Public Defender
- Jasmine Rand, Rand Law
- Don Horn, Chief Assistant State Attorney, Miami-Dade County
- Linda Kearson, General Counsel, 11th Judicial Circuit Court of Florida
Session Two: “Diversity is Good for Business”
- Moderated by Andrew Kemp-Gerstel – Secretary, Wilkie D. Ferguson, Jr. Bar Association
- Bacardi Jackson, Tucker Law Group
- Jaret Davis, Miami Co-Managing Shareholder – Greenberg Traurig
- Eric Knowles, President of Miami-Dade Chamber of Commerce
- Natalie Norfus, Chief Diversity Officer and Associate General Counsel
HR & Compliance – Burger King
- Albert de Cardenas, VP and General Counsel of MasTec
Where: Hyatt Regency Miami, 400 S.E. 2nd Ave., Miami, FL 33131
When: 9 A.M. – 1:15 P.M.
Complete details and Registration: Available @ dadecountybar.org/diversity-summit/