REMINDER: OVADIA CP&P OFFICE ANNUAL PUBLIC INTEREST & GOVERNMENT LAW RESOURCE FAIR [JAN. 24, 2017]
AIPLA: MID-WINTER INSTITUTE: AIPLA TAPAS – SAVORY AND SWEET BITES OF ADVANCED IP LAW AND PRACTICE [FEB. 1-4, 2017]
Join AIPLA for courses with short presentations covering traditional topics like case management strategies, licensing, due diligence, and litigation-related tips. Topics also include the protection of quasi-legal endeavors like protecting marijuana-based IP, open source, 3D printing, online marketplaces, and the dark web, music streaming and sampling, issues arising from innovative technologies in a crowded and litigious field (a patent scrum), all things PTAB, risk assessment in firm management, evolving career considerations, and even handling inventorship headaches. But if all this isn’t filling enough, you can chew on hot topics in food & drug, biotech, and software; international perspectives in design patents and around the world IP considerations, changes in Federal rules, requirements of local patent rules, and more!
- Corporate Tapas — Emerging Issues Impacting In House Attorneys and Outside Lawyers Advising Them
- Copyright Ratatouille — Compulsory Licensing for Streaming Services
- Foreign Filing Licensing Requirements — How to Deal With Inventions Having Multiple Inventors in Multiple Countries
- The Dark Web — What Is It, How to Access It, and What Are the Legal and Political Issues Surrounding It?
- Design Coverage — A Worldwide Perspective
- Trademarks and Marijuana
- Ethical Traps of the Virtual Office
Where: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Complete details: Available @ aipla.org/learningcenter/mw17/Pages/2017MWI_Home.aspx
2017 CSUSA MIDWINTER MEETING [FEB. 9-11, 2017]
The Mid-Winter Meeting includes educational sessions on the legal and business issues at the forefront of copyright and intellectual property. Most sessions offer CLE credit.
Attendees include professionals from the world’s leading IP firms and the entertainment and media industries, solo practitioners, in-house counsel, the authors of primary copyright law treatises, representatives of the U.S. Copyright Office, publishers, academics and law students.
Where: Napa, CA
Complete details: Available @ csusa.org/?page=MidWinterMeeting