For more information and to apply to the opportunities below, please visit Symplicity
♦ Please be sure to CHECK PRIOR BLOG POSTS! You can narrow your search by utilizing the “Blog post categories” ♦
2016-17 FLORIDA HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES LEGISLATIVE INTERN PROGRAM [DEADLINE: MAY 31, 2016]
The Legislative Intern Program offers a unique opportunity for graduate students to gain first-hand knowledge of the legislative process and to participate in the work of the legislative branch of state government. Program participants are assigned to House committees, subcommittees, and leadership offices. Under the guidance of senior House staff, their assignments may include research projects, bill drafting and analysis, oversight activities, and other tasks relating to budget and policy areas.
Legislative Interns are paid $13.00 per hour. Interns may choose to receive up to 18 hours of graduate tuition at Florida in-state rates during the time of the internship (Fall ’16 and Spring/Summer ’17) or receive a monthly stipend of $500 from Oct. 14 – Dec. 31, 2016, and $800 from Jan. 2 – May 19, 2017.
When: Oct. 14, 2016 – May 19, 2017
- From Oct. 14 – Dec. 31, 2016, participants work 20 hours/week.
- From Jan. 2 – May 19, 2017, participants work 30 hours/week to assist with the increased workload.
Complete details and Application for download: Available @ myfloridahouse.gov/contentViewer.aspx?Category=PublicGuide&File=Applications_and_Opportunities_Legislative_Intern_Program.html
Contact: If students have questions or need more information, they are welcome to submit their questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Rebecca Bramlett @ email@example.com or @ 850.717.5450
VAN HORN LAW GROUP, P.A. – FALL 2016 BANKRUPTCY INTERN/LAW CLERK [DEADLINE: AUG. 15, 2016]
Van Horn Law Group is now looking for bright, energetic law students who want to impact lives and are committed to, or interested in learning more about, a career in bankruptcy law.
Bankruptcy interns with Van Horn Law Group will have the opportunity to assist paralegals, legal assistants, and attorneys, with bankruptcy cases in Florida. Interns will gain experience from:
- Assisting paralegals and attorneys with the intake and processing of documents required to draft petitions.
- Corresponding with clients, lenders and creditors.
- Sending status updates at each stage of the case.
- Perform legal research.
- Other miscellaneous legal tasks related to bankruptcy.
- Previous experience in a legal environment is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of PC, including MS Word and Gmail
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and on the telephone.
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
- Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to handle confidential information.
Submission components: (1) Resume; (2) email explaining why you are the right person for the job
- Send to: Internship@cvhlawgroup.com
Complete details: Available @ vanhornlawgroup.com/about/careers
◊ If you have any QUESTIONS, COMMENTS OR FEEDBACK, please email firstname.lastname@example.org ◊