GIPA – INVENTOR IP ROUNDTABLE: “HOW IP CAN ADD VALUE TO STARTUPS” [APR. 20, 2021]
We’ve assembled a superstar panel to discuss how IP is an important element to any startup’s strategy and can increase the value of a venture. The panel will share their wealth of experience to address topics such as how to know what IP needs protection, how IP helps potential investors see value, and how to develop a strategy for IP. A 60 minute panel discussion will be followed by 30 minutes of Q&A.
When: 3 – 5 P.M. ET
Complete details & Free registration: Available @ gaipalliance.org/ip-inventor-roundtable
WEBINAR INTRODUCING THE 2021 ATTORNEY GENERAL’S HONORS PROGRAM (HP) & SUMMER LAW INTERN PROGRAM (SLIP) AT THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE [APR. 20 & 22-23, 2021]
Call-In Numbers: 1-877-465-7975 or 1-210-795-0506
Tuesday, April 20, 2021 @ 12:00 P.M. (EDT)
Access Code (if needed): 199 517 5392
Thursday, April 22, 2021 @ 3:00 P.M. (EDT)
Access Code (if needed): 199 555 4475
Friday, April 23, 2021 @ 1:00 P.M. (EDT)
Access Code (if needed): 199 821 0011
14TH ANNUAL VIRTUAL DESIGN DAY [APR. 22, 2021]
AIPLA is co-hosting an afternoon of lively and thought-provoking discussion about various aspects of design patents. The 14th Annual Virtual Design Day will be hosted by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), where USPTO design examiners and managers, design patent practitioners, and industrial designers will provide insights.
The event features:
- Welcome and Kick-off from Deputy Commissioner for Patents for the USPTO, Valencia Martin Wallace;
- An update from the Director of Technology Center 2900, Karen Young;
- Information on recent design law changes on an international level from the Office of Policy and International Affairs (OPIA);
- Hear from Henry Tang, Associate General Counsel, about Facebook’s journey with design protection;
- Case law summarizing the most important design patent decisions over the past year from the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the district courts, and the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB); and more!
When: 1 – 4 P.M. ET
- There will also be a networking opportunity from 4:15 – 4:45 P.M. EDT following the formal program
Complete details and Registration: Available @ aipla.org/detail/event/2021/04/22/default-calendar/14th-annual-virtual-design-day-2021