THE SPORTS LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (SLA) – 7TH ANNUAL LAW STUDENT WRITING COMPETITION [DEADLINE: FEB. 28, 2020 BY 5 P.M. PACIFIC TIME]
Eligibility: Each entrant must be a current law or LLM student and 18 years of age or older, and member in good standing of the Sports Lawyers Association
Topic: Choose a current issue in sports law and advocate a position
- $5,000 will be awarded for first place selection and submission will be published in the Sports Lawyers Journal (subject to SLA’s editorial standards)
- $3,000 awarded for second place selection
- $2,000 awarded for third place selection
- Complimentary registration to the 2020 SLA Annual Meeting for fourth place selection
- All four finalists will receive a complimentary registration for the 2020 SLA Annual Meeting at the Hyatt Regency Miami (recipients recognized and final order of awards presented at the SLA Annual Meeting in Miami). Winners need not be present at the announcement.
- Winners are solely responsible for taxes on their prize winnings and must provide SLA with social security number for tax reporting purposes.
Submission guidelines: (a) Each entry is limited to 3,000 words maximum, not including title of reasonable length (footnotes and references included); (b) must be submitted in Microsoft Word or equivalent Google Documents file format; (c) entrant warrants that the submitted entry is original and unpublished; (d) co-authorship of a manuscript is not permitted in the contest; (e) each author may submit only one entry; (f) previous winners and/or finalists are ineligible.
- Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “SLA Writing Competition”
Complete details: Available @ sportslaw.org/publications/student_writing_competition.cfm
Sports Lawyers Association
11130 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 350
Reston, VA 20191
703-437-4377 ext. 4085, 4070 or 4071