♦ For more information and to apply to the opportunities below, please visit Symplicity and be sure to CHECK PRIOR BLOG POSTS! You can narrow your search by utilizing the “Blog post categories” ♦
SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTION OFFICE OF GENERAL COUNSEL – VIRTUAL INTERNSHIP/EXTERNSHIP
SPRING 2021 [DEADLINE: DEC. 1, 2020]
SUMMER 2021 [DEADLINE: SEPT. 1, 2020 – JAN. 15, 2021]
*APPLICATIONS REVIEWED ON A ROLLING BASIS – INTERESTED STUDENTS ENCOURAGED TO SUBMIT EARLY WITHIN APPLICATION WINDOW
Smithsonian Institution’s Office of General Counsel is accepting applications for virtual internships/externships for Spring and Summer 2021. The Smithsonian is the world’s largest museum and research organization. Established in 1846 with a bequest from English Scientist James Smithson, the Institution currently encompasses nineteen museums and galleries, the National Zoo and nine research centers. The Smithsonian has facilities in seven states, the District of Columbia and the Republic of Panama supporting over 6,200 employees. The Smithsonian values and seeks a diverse workforce.
The Office of General Counsel provides legal advice and representation to the entire Smithsonian. The mission of the Office of General Counsel is to provide legal advice and counseling to the Secretary and central administrators, as well as to the extensive cadre of directors and administrative staff who manage the Smithsonian’s museums and programs, and to represent the Smithsonian in adversary proceedings, in coordination with Department of Justice attorneys, in federal and state courts.
Since last Spring, the Office has successfully hosted students remotely, providing them with mentor relationships, exposure to the variety of legal issues the Institution faces, and the opportunity to engage with curators, exhibition specialists, and educators from across the Smithsonian’s museums and research centers.
- Spring 2021: See Job ID# 11550 @ Symplicity
- Summer 2021: See Job ID# 11621 @ Symplicity
Complete details: Available @ si.edu/ogc/internships-office-general-counsel
NBCUNIVERSAL BUSINESS & LEGAL AFFAIRS INTERNSHIP – SPRING 2021 [DEADLINE: DEC. 13, 2020 – APPLY EARLY! APPLICATIONS BEING REVIEWED WHEN RECEIVED!]
NBCUniversal International Networks is one of the world’s premier entertainment portfolios, delivering quality content and compelling brands worldwide. The channel brands in the Latin America portfolio include Universal TV, Syfy, E! Entertainment, Studio Universal and Telemundo Internacional. These unique brands deliver a full range of entertainment experiences to local audiences across the region.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting attorneys with day to day matters with the different departments, including but not limited to, Advertising Sales, Marketing, Programming, Original Productions, Research and Digital
- Researching relevant laws, including regulatory matters, throughout Latin America and preparing memorandums
- Assisting attorneys with structuring and drafting various agreements and releases, related to programming acquisitions, advertising sales, vendors, events, productions, barters and talent
- Assisting attorneys with rights clearance process for original productions
- Evaluating copyright, trademark and other intellectual property issues
- Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned
Who: Must be in pursuit of a JD or JD/LLM degree at an accredited institution and able to provide documentation to confirm degree progress; must have completed at least one year of JD or JD/LLM program; recent graduates will not be eligible for this program
Where: Must be able to work on-site in Miami, FL
When: Start date of Jan. 11, 2021
Requirements: (1) Previous work experience in an office environment; (2) Previous internship experience in the entertainment industry and/or intellectual property related matters; (3) Coursework related to intellectual property, entertainment and business ethics/corporate transactions
- GPA: Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above (transcript must be provided)
- Skills: (1) Proficient in Microsoft Office; (2) Analytical Thinking; (3) Effective communication skills; (4) Organization skills; (5) Must be fluent in English and Spanish; Portuguese a plus
Submission components: See Job ID# 11616 @ Symplicity
◊ If you have any QUESTIONS OR FEEDBACK, please email firstname.lastname@example.org ◊